“The system has lost sight of its purpose.”
PM announces JobMaker Industrial Relations reform, including award reform.
Unfortunately, there is no mention of wage- theft legislation, including criminal penalties for those engaging in it.
Broadstrokes of his IR reform announcement are:
· Award simplification, what most small and medium sized businesses deal with their employees every single day.
· Enterprise agreement making. We’ve got to get back to the basics.
· Casuals and fixed term employees, made even more prescient by recent changes through the Fair Work Commission.
· Compliance and enforcement. People should be paid properly and unions need to obviously do the right thing, as must employers.
· Greenfields agreements for new enterprises, where the new investment will go and the certainty is needed more so than ever.
Membership of each group will include employer and union representatives,…. individuals…….. small businesses and others.
This process will be time-bound and is expected to run through to September.